Loose Lips Sink SypsSeptember 26, 2008
A couple days ago I asked y’all to spill your secrets — what little surprises, unlocks, titles and whatnot have you discovered in your initial week or so of exploring Warhammer? After all, this is a game that prides itself on turning the game world into a massive scavenger hunt, where mini-dungeons (lairs) are tucked away and potential Tome treasures reward the diligent explorer. Sure, in a year (or, hey, month) this might all be commonplace, but if you’re anything like me, you’re eager to read about a few good little juicy secrets to add to your character’s achievements.
WAAAGH! readers heeded the call and left the following to share:
- There’s a pretty neat tome unlock in the Destruction(ftw) area of Troll Country. There’s a bridge with a bridge troll under it. Kill the bridge troll and you unlock a crock of stinky food that you can carry in your pocket. I think the unlock is titled It Takes a Toll, but I could be misremembering. (Risset)
- In Dark Elf Chapter 2, there’s a hill with some wolves on it. If you walk along the edge of the cliff behind them you’ll unlock The Howler title. (Risset)
- At Battlefield Objectives, you can click on the Sergeant for buffs. (Werit)
- Title Unlock: The DawnBringer. Found from clicking on a tomb in Marsh of Madness (NW of an NPC called Lamprecht, he’s located in the SE part of the zone S of Oathhold). (Mitch)
- AHHHHHHHHHHHH title unlock. Kill yourself 25 times from fall damage. (Mitch)
- I picked up the title “Doom Bringer” last night, which I think is a pretty cool title. However, I just checked hammerwiki and it looks like it’s already there (although it says it’s a Destruction only title and I’m a runepriest). I was running around some cliffs in Barak Varr when I noticed a huge dwarven iron ship in a bay below. Took me a few minutes to find my way down (without dying) and I found 4 or 5 tome unlocks in and around the ship. One of them being the title and another being a great story of how these dwarven “Pirates” came to be. Was tons of fun. So far I’m loving the easter eggs in this game. (Sc0rp10n)
- I stumbled upon a plunger in Dwarf Tier 1 Chapter 1 at the bottom of the valley that you cross over after you leave the Dwarf Mountain you start in. (Illian)
- I’ve found a couple of lairs: 1. Blighted Isle RvR area, right in the middle up north, and 2. just outside the Chaos T1 RvR area, through the tunnel at the back of the objective in the cave. (Thor)
- Got a title and tome unlock for opening a bag of dog food in Nordland. The tome unlock is for discovering what the hounds eat. The title is related to hounds or hunting (can’t remember exactly what). The bag was near a camp of huntsmen with hounds. It was along the mountains on the right hand side of the map, north of smuggler’s tunnel entrance to Salzemund. (Leper)
- I can’t remember the exact area…I believe it was at the top of a hill near the Dark Elf chapter 2 quest hub. You go to this hill a few times to kill shadow warriors and a named Lieutenant or something. Anyways, if you go up past the 3man camp near the named mob, you can hop around a rock to keep climbing the hill. At the very top will be a lone Pink Horror. I had to use my one ranged ability to knock it down from it’s perch, and then I killed it. Not till much later did I realize I had gotten a tome unlock for it, and I was able to get a reward from a Librarian in the Inevitable City. My reward? Morphing Ooze that does nothing but sit in my pocket. Statistically worthless, but I’m proud nonetheless. (Tigaj)
- I found a few lairs, but one that isn’t listed in the atlas, Gutslime I think it was, in the Orc starting land. But it has a level 40 inside of it. (ScytheNoire)
- I got the title The Lumberjack from clicking on a dryad corpse in Dark Elf, Tier 1. (JRW)
- In the Human Ch1 starting area, there is an area with Chaos human mobs, and at the back of it is a tiny portal. You can climb the hill behind this portal and get to an area of the map that is not really done in terms of terrain and stuff. If you go to the coast from there and travel north I believe, you eventually find a lair full of lvl 40 wolves in it. Some cool wolf is at the end I’m sure. (Lucivar)
- Click on yourself naked 1,000 times and you get “Egomaniac” (Sc0rp10n).
- On a pool of water east of the PQ “Empire Chapter 4: Pit of the Forsaken”, a Lord type boss will appear if you kill a series of increasingly difficult monsters. (Lord is higher than Hero) (Hirebrand)
Awesome tips, thanks all! I have a few to add from yesterday’s journeys, which culminated in a group tour around some of the fun little secrets of the Blighted Isle, courtesy of one of our leaders, Tirin.
- I got the “Denier of Disease” title from clicking on a corpse in Barak Varr at 54231,49971.
- Another title, “The Crusher”, was give for clicking on an Ogre at 49152,57917 in Barak Varr.
- If you find the Sea Anvil — a large dwarf ironclad in Barak Varr — be sure to speak to the captain for a “Man” Tome Tactic: 11059,44728.
- Heading over to the Blighted Isle, you can get the title “The Peculiar” (how cool is that?) by clicking on a rock at 48742,48415, which then squashes a cowering snotling.
- There are some tainted crystals (with unlocks) and a lair on the BI at 35881,16466.
- Get the title “The Scorpion Squisher” by killing Bone Claw at 2867,62751.
- I have coordinates for two of the unlocks mentioned earlier: The Howler (5161,49316) and the Horror/Pocket Ooze guy (20726,35799).
If you know of any others, let us know!