WAAAGH! Me Up Before You Go Go: The Contest!July 9, 2008
Hey! You! Yeah, you! You bored? Whittling away the time this summer waiting for Warhammer Online? Then why not rock your world by participating in the coolest contest that has the true potential to change the world… FOREVER?
Got your attention? Good! WAAAGH! is holding a new contest — our first, actually — to see who out there has the most WAAAGH! in them. It’s dead easy to enter, too. All you need to do is grab a sheet of paper, cut it into a comic strip-style word balloon with “WAAAGH!” written in the middle (clearly), and then go nuts with your camera, taking pictures of yourself, objects, other people, animals, what have you… all shouting “WAAAGH!” through the balloon. I’ve even provided you with an example: that’s Gracie the Waaagh Dog up there, daring you to do better.
We have a few measly prizes, but the real prize will be seeing your picture entry go up on this blog along with my heartfelt praise! Send in your entries to “bigbanana [at] hotmail [dot] com” with the subject field of “WAAAGH! Contest” by the end of July. I want to see some great innovation and creative picture-taking, people! Have fun!
- Take a photo of yourself, another person, a still object — whatever — that’s holding up a paper word balloon with “WAAAGH!” written on it (so it looks like they’re saying it, a la “comic strip style”).
- Send in entries to bigbanana [at] hotmail [dot] com with the subject line “WAAAGH! Contest”.
- NO PHOTOSHOPPING. Real life materials, people.
- Your entry will be disqualified if you use too many or too few “A’s” in “WAAAGH!” (3 is the answer, here.)
- The more amusing, bizarre or fascinating the subject and locale, the better chance you have to win.
- You may enter as many times as you wish, but keep in mind that 1000 e-mails from you will make me like you not so much.
- FIRST PRIZE: I will mail you my very own copy of “World of Warhammer”, autographed or not — your choice!
- SECOND PRIZE: The Warhammer BOOM! comic #1 with — wait for it — the beta code scratched off and used already! Whee! Also, autographed if you like.
- THIRD PRIZE: You may post an article on WAAAGH! up to 500 words on anything relating to WAR that you wish (just keep it clean).
- HONORABLE MENTIONS: The real glory of this contest comes not from the prizes, but from getting your photo mentioned and shown on the blog!