Picking Over The March NewsletterApril 7, 2008
You know it’s been a breakneck news cycle lately since the monthly WAR newsletter — usually the topic of discussion for an entire week on any WAR fan site — was largely shoved aside in the wake of the delay announcement, the CE details, the Paris Event and my blossoming into puberty. Well, that last part technically happened in 1987, but I keep getting visited by the Big Honking Zit Fairy, so I assume that I’ve still got a growth spurt or two left in me.
Instead of breaking down the March newsletter piecemeal, I thought I’d give it a read through (which you can also do here) and note things that haven’t already been talked about to death in the past couple weeks:
- Lots of rehashing over the delay and CE. The delay gets one paragraph, and the CE gets dozens. Huh.
- Games Workshop is inviting future WAR players on April 12-13 to a GW store to get free lessons in tabletop Warhammer.
- In March, Beta testers wrapped up both the HE/DE and Chaos/Empire focus tests, along with early crafting, renown ranks, and UI changes. They quote a few beta testers on these changes (positive, of course).
- If you snag a copy of a Warhammer comic book from BOOM! Studios, you could win a chance in the beta.
- There’s a nice article on the making of the Inevitable City — not so much the nitty-gritty aspects, but more the feel and process of its creation.
- Marauder and Witch Hunter overviews & mastery paths. Nothing revolutionary, but I think both classes will be incredibly popular.
- A really neat Bright Wizard wallpaper (sneak peak for the trailer).
- Some of the concept art for weapons, like the Engineer’s wrenches, are pretty cool.
- The Grab Bag is always my favorite (I’m tired of wading through videos at this point, and I appreciate some direct Q&A’s). Interesting tidbits: players as low as level 7 can travel to their capital cities, and when you capture an enemy city, you can kick down doors and loot to your heart’s content!